As a parachurch organization, partnership and support from the local church community are critical to AVA Care. There are many ways that the local church can be involved in the work of AVA Care. Opportunities are listed below:
- Provide a church liaison
- Participate in the Change for Life baby bottle campaign
- Organize a Move for Life team
- Add AVA Care to your monthly missions budget
- Encourage church members to become AVA Care volunteers
- Invite an AVA Care staff member to speak at a service
- Host a baby shower for AVA Care
- Provide meals for volunteers on Thursday evenings or for other special events.
We recognize that every church is unique, and therefore each has its own traditions and structure. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you about any ideas you have about how your church can get involved and support the valuable work of AVA Care.
For more information about church involvement or to inquire about becoming a church liaison, please contact Susan Null, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540.434.0685.